Posts tagged ‘Wet N’ Wild Fast Dry Nail Color’
I am not a fan of fast drying nail polish. It always turns out bad. Like me trying to bake a cake from scratch bad. No pigment, creasy eyeshadow bad. Someone ate the last Thin Mint bad (shout out to the Girl Scouts).
It’s that bad.
However, I really, really, really wanted to try the Wet N’ Wild Fast Dry Polish. I haven’t had much luck with any of Wet n Wild polishes, but this new line looked interesting. It purports to dry in 60 seconds, but that didn’t interest me. The colors did. They looked really bold and bright, and I love bright and bold colors.
The first one I tried was Teal of Fortune.
Once again I had to go with the glittery polish. I can’t help it. The second one that I tried is a color that reminds me of Orange Crush soda called 188.8.131.52. Orange…
I have soooo many positive things to say about the polishes. I have to say first of all though, that it doesn’t really dry in 60 seconds. It dries about average, 2 minutes. Which is fast compared to some polishes out there, but it’s not 60 second fast.
Otherwise, I love them. How much do I love them? Let me share the ways:
- The polishes gave an amazing glossy finish, not requiring a topcoat.
- The brush is amazing. They called it a “ManiCurve Brush”, and boy do I wish that every nail polish brand had it. It applies the polish so smoothly, evenly, and effortlessly.
- The bright colors definitely stand out.
- Even though it doesn’t dry in 60 seconds, two coats still dry amazingly fast. And not just dries, I mean it hardens.
- The vivid colors only required 2 coats of polish, and that’s saying a lot for glittery polish.
- I was chip free for at least 5 days.
- They are only 2 bucks!
The one draw back is that there aren’t a huge range of colors. I counted 18. Which is decent, but I need a SELECTION! Doesn’t matter though, cause these are my new faves. Wet n Wild should be applauded for this affordable, long lasting line of nail polishes. Especially for that perfect brush.
Interesting fact I thought I’d share. Browsing the Wet n Wild website, if you notice the names of the polishes (all except for poor “Orange” UPDATE it is actually called 184.108.40.206. Orange, and I heart it even more now), they are all inspired by some T.V. show, like “Sage in the City” or “Saved by the Blue” and even “Silvivor”.
Corny, and I LOVE it! I heart them even more. You can browse at the complete list here.
Did Wet n Wild nailed it or failed it?
You already know. They definitely nailed it!!!!